Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day...um...

OK I have not been so good about blogging, but it's only because I've been doing better things with my time like having fun with friends or doing homework! So here's a quick update on the most important things that have happened lately:

So Tuesday we had another non-program day (aka our one day of weekend which changes days every week.) In the morning we packed lunch and drove to this place where we hicked down to a gorge. It was practically a rainforest, which was really weird because we're living in dust with not much green around. It was really, REALLY gorgeous and amazing. There was even this one part where you just had to climb a bit and then you were in Tanzania! So I've been to Tanzania already! I took lots of pictures, which you will get to see when I get home.
After lunch in the gorge we went to a local HIV clinic/support group and heard some of the women tell their stories, which was really amazing. They had a little shop where they sold stuff that they made, so I bought some earings and a necklace. We then got to go to the market for a bit, and I bought a shirt.
After that, we went to Club Kimana, the local bar. I drank almost one Tuskar, a popular Kenyan beer, but it made my stomach hurt so I couldn't even finish it...

The next 3 days we just hung out here and had a lot of class, and then today we went back to Amboseli! We actually got to help the Kenya Wildlife Service do an official census of the park. I don't think we saw any different animals than the last time, but it was still really cool, but dirty and exhausting.

And tomorrow we're going to see a big Maasai ceremony that apparently happens once every 14 years or so. We're leaving super early, so I am going to end this and go to bed. I will let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment